Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Question with .overwrite partitions

Level 5

Hi there,

We have a .overwrite partition for customer profiles that is broken into 26 partitions. If our data looks like this:

Customer ID (Cross Device ID)Key Value PairsIn partition
1"product_id" = "123", "activated" = "Y".02
1"product_id" = "223", "activated" = "N".26

I am wondering for customer 1, which profile would they get? Would they get product 123, or product 223, or both? I am hoping it's both but since this is a .overwrite method, I am not sure if it will get product 223 because it's in the .26 partition which will get processed after .02 and overwrite it?

Thanks,

Alan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @akwankl ,

Hope you are keeping well!

In the above example, only product_id=223 and activated=n will stay as we are talking about overwrite files.

AAM will consider only the last record for that customerID when it comes to overwrite files.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @akwankl ,

Hope you are keeping well!

In the above example, only product_id=223 and activated=n will stay as we are talking about overwrite files.

AAM will consider only the last record for that customerID when it comes to overwrite files.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

Level 5

Hi @Ankita_Sodhi 

Just wanted to follow up on this, even if the files are partitioned files being sent to AAM, it will still only consider the last record?

Employee Advisor

Hello @akwankl ,

In case of overwrite files, yes the last record will be considered and will overwrite all others.