Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profiles and Audiences Core

Level 10

Hi,

Let us think of a scenario where we use Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google Optimizer and Adobe Audience Manager with a web site based on Java.

In this case, the only Adobe Marketing Cloud product is Adobe Audience Manager.

In such a case, is there a use for Profiles and  Audiences Core, given that Profiles and  Audiences Core makes profile info centralized for all AMC products?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

That is correct, if only AAM being used then no need for P&A, but if you are using any other product, even one of them: AA, Target, Campaign, AMO, etc. then P&A is recommended.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi Rama,

Profiles and Audience Core service is used when segments/audiences are to be shared between Adobe Experience Cloud Solutions.

In AAM, P&A segments from experience cloud are received as onboarded data. Once that data is available in AAM, then that can be shared with External Ad Exchanges/Partners.

I can provide you some high level differences between Audience Manager and Profiles & Audiences core service :

1. Data in :

Audience Manager :

Ingest offfline data, CRM data, First Party Data (data from Analytics), Second Party data (other AAM partners' data), and third party data (from third party data providers).

Audience Core services :

Ingest offline data, CRM data, and First party data.

2. Segmentation

Audience Manager :

Organize data, creates segments based on First party , second party and third party data, recency and frequency (for example you want to target users who have visited something 3 times in 5 days),  Profile Merge (merging a user using multiple device as one profile and realising them for segments), Audience Marketplace (Second Party data and third party data, private marketplace for data).

Audience core services :

Organize data, Create Audiences (segments) based on Adobe Experience cloud data, Or first party customer attribute data uploaded to the experience cloud.

3. Data Out :

Audience Manager : Share robust first, second and third party data within Experience Cloud (Adobe Target, AMO, etc.). Share audience data to non Adobe technologies including DSPs, Ad Exchanges and other platforms. Robust Reporting.

Audience Core service : Share first party and solution audience data with Adobe Experience Cloud (Adobe Target, AMO etc.)

Thanks.

Level 10

Hi Varun,

Thanks for responding.

Now, the differences between products AAM and P&A are very clear.

In my above case, the only Adobe Marketing Cloud product is Adobe Audience Manager.

In such a case, shall I assume that  Profiles and  Audiences Core is not required?

If there is any other AMC product involved, probably I would think that P&A is required.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

That is correct, if only AAM being used then no need for P&A, but if you are using any other product, even one of them: AA, Target, Campaign, AMO, etc. then P&A is recommended.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra