Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Onboarded Segment not showing up on first hit

Level 5

Hi community,

I have a campaign running where we are targeting customers to renew their contract. The segment supporting this uses an onboarded trait that we get from a .overwrite file uploaded daily. For example:  123 (DPID) <tab> renewal = segment1

We also send out direct emails to this same group of customers in the segment with a direct CTA to the renewal landing page, and customers would need to authenticate first. 

From Analytics, what we are seeing is after the customer clicks on the CTA, authenticates, and gets directed to the landing page, they are actually not in the segment yet. In a lot of cases, I noticed that the customer then falls into the segment after a few days when they visit again.

Is this somewhat related to first-hit targeting? I would understand if it's using a rule-based trait, but with onboarded trait I thought we would have qualified these authenticated customers into their intended segments already. I am hoping to get some advice from the community as to where to begin as I am a bit lost right now.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @akwankl ,

If the data is already present in AAM for the onboarded trait then user should be part of the segment as soon as they authenticated themselves.

Based on the behavior that you have mentioend, it seems you have additional rule-based traits as well on your segment apart from the onboarded trait. If not, then we need to check the implementation in detail.

If this still needs investigation, please reach out to us via amsupport@adobe.com and below details in your ticket:

1. Company details

2. AAM segment ID

3. Website URL, with test credentials.

4. Steps to qualify for the segment.

5. Target activity name, if any.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi akwankl,

The segment cannot be qualified directly, we have to first qualify for the Trait & then as per the segment rule (PMR, R&F etc.) it will get qualified. If the user is a part of Trait & has a valid UUID linked to its CRM ID then it will become part of Segment''s Total Population as soon as the user comes online it will become part of Segment's Real-time population. We can test this behaviour for any particular User ID in our Internal API calls whether it is working as expected or not.

I will suggest please use the email amsupport@adobe.com to open a ticket with the AAM support team, once a ticket is opened it will get assigned to an AAM support engineer & he/she will guide you accordingly

Thanks 

Prabhat Upadhyay

Level 5

Hi Prabhat25, 

Thanks for the reply! The customer does qualify for the trait and has a valid UUID linked to the CRM ID. What I am wondering is if the customer will become part of the segment on their first-hit of the site as our personalized experience is mapped to the landing page, and if customer need to refresh the page in order for the personalized experience to kick in effect.

Thanks. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @akwankl ,

If the data is already present in AAM for the onboarded trait then user should be part of the segment as soon as they authenticated themselves.

Based on the behavior that you have mentioend, it seems you have additional rule-based traits as well on your segment apart from the onboarded trait. If not, then we need to check the implementation in detail.

If this still needs investigation, please reach out to us via amsupport@adobe.com and below details in your ticket:

1. Company details

2. AAM segment ID

3. Website URL, with test credentials.

4. Steps to qualify for the segment.

5. Target activity name, if any.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi