Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

If I am integrating the SDK code for AAM tracking in my mobile app and receiving hits more than the monthly limit of AAM, what is the best practice that I can follow to capture only the required hits which I want in particular and how can I do that?

Level 3

Can anyone please help in the process and best practices to do that? To avoid the proceeding the monthly limit of AAM hits capturing I only want to capture the suitable data for me.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi madhum20,

To provide a solution for your query we need to understand whether you are trying to implement AAM via SSF or client-side, whether you have Visitor ID service or not as the implementation differs for different requirements.

You would have to use the appropriate methods for your implementation to stop collecting data on particular pages if you have Server-Side forwarding in place. You can use the onPause function to pause collecting lifecycle data:

@Override 

public void onPause() {

1. Config.pauseCollectingLifecycleData();

}

If you have client-side implementation, ‘submitWithData’ method, will send audience management a signal with all the app traits and you can use this to send signals on pages you want to collect data on.

The different AAM methods for SDK are documented here: Audience Manager Methods

Please note: This is just for Android. The methods might change again for iOS.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Swastika

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

madhum20

- can you clarify what you are referring to as monthly limits?

- what sort of traits are you using? ... the more specific you get with these the better you'll capture your audiences.

Level 3

Hey Christophe,

The scenario is we have heavy visit on our app's home screen, but we do not need to record this data in audience manager, rather need to record only the hits associated with a specific screen open. Can this filtering of hits be accomplished if we integrate the SDK with our app. If Yes, Please specify the process in detail.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi madhum20,

To provide a solution for your query we need to understand whether you are trying to implement AAM via SSF or client-side, whether you have Visitor ID service or not as the implementation differs for different requirements.

You would have to use the appropriate methods for your implementation to stop collecting data on particular pages if you have Server-Side forwarding in place. You can use the onPause function to pause collecting lifecycle data:

@Override 

public void onPause() {

1. Config.pauseCollectingLifecycleData();

}

If you have client-side implementation, ‘submitWithData’ method, will send audience management a signal with all the app traits and you can use this to send signals on pages you want to collect data on.

The different AAM methods for SDK are documented here: Audience Manager Methods

Please note: This is just for Android. The methods might change again for iOS.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Swastika