Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

General Online Data in AAM

Level 2

Hi All,

Could you please enrich me with one real example that Why we see "General Online Data" as signals type for my audience.

I understated these signals don't have any Data Source but want to understand such scenario.

Has it something to do with on boarded data

Thanks,

Ujjwal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Wait until you get more feedback from the rest of the community but from Understanding Signals :

For example all c_ keys (As customer specific. Key data sent in from your own properties) will be classified as general online data.

One signal could be sent from different properties and as such be used in traits belonging to different data sources.

I'm not sure I'm fully answering this for you but my feeling is your implementation / taxonomy process should help you identify on what data sources such and such signals have meaning / value.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

ujjwalb99147118​ see https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/data-explorer-signals-dashboard.html

These are signals coming from your online activity, the Data Explorer dashboard allows you to 'Create a Rule-Based trait' out of it.

Sometimes (depending on your implementation) it will tell where the signal actually came from, which will help you select a data source if you generate the trait from it.

Hope it helps.

Level 2

Which Data Source Should I select?

Because it's showing no data source.

My question is what is General Onsite Data?

Per my understanding these are online realtime data having demdex calls but not related to either Actionable Log files/Analytics.

Thus if my web properties is not tagged with Analytics and I am AAM calls then it will be collected as general onsite data??

Then which Data Source I should use to create rule based Traits??

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Wait until you get more feedback from the rest of the community but from Understanding Signals :

For example all c_ keys (As customer specific. Key data sent in from your own properties) will be classified as general online data.

One signal could be sent from different properties and as such be used in traits belonging to different data sources.

I'm not sure I'm fully answering this for you but my feeling is your implementation / taxonomy process should help you identify on what data sources such and such signals have meaning / value.