Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Duplicate traits with different expiration

Level 2

Hi,

I'd like to create 2 segments
1) Visited our app ever

2) Visited our app within the last 14 days 

So for 2) I set the trait to expire after 14 days. However, I'm not able to also have a duplicate trait expiring after 120 days. I get the error message

"Another trait (18872745) exists with the same trait rule, using the same data source and trait type. Please use it instead."

Is there a way to achieve this other than adding some redundant condition to one of the traits, which I'd like to avoid? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

If you create another trait or segment with exact same logic, AAM will not let you create another and suggest you to use existing, as there is a limit on number of traits and segments you create.

To cope that, I would create the app visitor trait with the default expiry of 120 days or 0 days so it never expires.

Then I would create two segments:

Segment 1: Using app visitor trait only without any recency and frequency setting.

Segment 2: Activity trait (search with All Active Visitors) AND "app visitor trait" with recency <= 14 days and frequency => 1.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

If you create another trait or segment with exact same logic, AAM will not let you create another and suggest you to use existing, as there is a limit on number of traits and segments you create.

To cope that, I would create the app visitor trait with the default expiry of 120 days or 0 days so it never expires.

Then I would create two segments:

Segment 1: Using app visitor trait only without any recency and frequency setting.

Segment 2: Activity trait (search with All Active Visitors) AND "app visitor trait" with recency <= 14 days and frequency => 1.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Employee Advisor
@MatiasBk ... just to follow-up on the limits Varun alluded to, you can check those in the AAM instance under the Administration>Limits menu