Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cross-device data scaling down

Level 4

Hi,

We are noticing the unique trait realization for the cross-device drop month over month.  Is there any reason why would that be the case especially when things are implemented properly?

Thanks

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@SCB21 One way to look at this is to use the trend report at trait level and show results by Cross-Device ID over a year or so, I assume this is what you are doing?

Trait realization for cross-device IDs is done when authenticated and reasons for a drop could be external to the implementation itself:

- Do you still have the same amount of traffic on the property or is it decreasing as well?

- Did you maybe have active marketing campaigns drawing users to the site, that may have ended at the time the drop started?

Level 4

Hi @Tof_Jossic,

I have checked the traffic and it seems to be consistent.  Marketing campaigns have been less than usual, however, wouldn't that show up as traffic though?  

Thanks

Employee Advisor

What I meant is those marketing campaigns are typically drawing users back to your site. In that sense, stopping some of those campaigns or less campaigns than usual could potentially have an impact here.

These issues are typically difficult to fully comprehend on a forum post so you may want to raise a support with our Customer Care, they may be able to spot something for you.

Hope that helps