Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Cookie Populates Segments Still Removed mapping from destination How?

Level 3

Hi,

We are mapping segments to cookie destination (AAM - GA Segment Export), from where we picking values for GA reporting. Since we found some issue on load we planned to remove all the segments that mapped to cookie destination. But still, the cookie populates segments information after it is removed. We tested by deleting the cookie from the browser but no luck. It generates the cookie every time.

Can anyone help me how and why it is generated again, and how we can stop populating the cookie in the browser. We don't want to delete the destination.

Thanks

Keerthivasan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Since the cookie destination now does not include any segment, I would expect that once the visitor qualifies for the segment that cookie should not be set anymore. This is why this looks odd to me that the AAM continues to activate the audience for that destination...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Keerthivasan,

Could you share how many hours left between the segments deletion and the test?

Level 3

hi Andrey,

It passed around 3 hours after deletion. What we expected is the value should set as null since there is no segments mapped to it (cookie works with real time correct?), but it still generates old segment id in the cookie value.

We need to know why and how.

Thanks for your time.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Since the cookie destination now does not include any segment, I would expect that once the visitor qualifies for the segment that cookie should not be set anymore. This is why this looks odd to me that the AAM continues to activate the audience for that destination...