Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I create a trait using marketing channel?

Level 1

I am trying to to build a trait of visitors who visited my website through Display ads (Marketing Channel dimension in Adobe Analytics).

Is it possible in Adobe Audience Manager and what is the key value pair for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @MiniKeith 

There should be a specific URL which get fired whenever a user visit to your website through Display ads.

If you can check that URL then it will be easy for you to determine what key:value pair can be used to create AAM Trait/Segment. You can find that Key:Value in AAM under signal dashboard as well.

Let me know if that works

Thanks

Prabhat Upadhyay

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @MiniKeith 

There should be a specific URL which get fired whenever a user visit to your website through Display ads.

If you can check that URL then it will be easy for you to determine what key:value pair can be used to create AAM Trait/Segment. You can find that Key:Value in AAM under signal dashboard as well.

Let me know if that works

Thanks

Prabhat Upadhyay

Employee Advisor

@MiniKeith This may help as well - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/implementation-integration-guide... 

Click tracking enables measurement of visitor engagement throughout your campaign, as it records click-based activity for third-party creatives

Level 3

the channels you see in analytics are post processing rules.

you can ask your analytics implementation team to tell you what key-values the marketing channel processing rules use, or ask your paid media team what tracking they are using, or search pageurls in workspace to see what parameters are being added

then you can easily find those key-value pairs in dataexplorer (searching in c_pageurl)