Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Audience Marketplace Data Feeds

Level 3

Hi,

Got a query around creating data feed in Audience Marketplace.

According to this documentation https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/t_data_feed.html ; you simply select the data source, question is, if you select a data source, does that mean all segments associated with the selected data source is available to those who wish to subscribe?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Winston

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hello Jantzen,

The answer to the question posed is,

Segments can not be shared via Audience Marketplace. Only Data Sources (traits associated with the selected data source) can be shared.

Work around to share segment is, create new data source and update or create the traits associated with the segment and apply the newly created data source to the selected traits. Then, create the data feed with the newly created data source.

The recipient of the data feed will need to recreate the segment at their end utilizing the traits shared.

Hopefully the above is useful for others who have encountered similar scenarios.

Cheers,

Winston

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Winston,

I'm not an Audience Manager expert but I was able to chat with one of our support members about your question. He indicated that all traits are shared but would need to check on the segments. He also indicated it would take some more digging to get you the answer. He suggested opening a support ticket with them if don't get an answer from any of the community members on this topic.

If you do end up opening a ticket, It would be great if you could post the answer here in case others have this same question at a later date.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 3

Hi Jantzen,

Thank you for your response.

I'll post the answer here soon as I get clarity from the support team.

Cheers,

Winston

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hello Jantzen,

The answer to the question posed is,

Segments can not be shared via Audience Marketplace. Only Data Sources (traits associated with the selected data source) can be shared.

Work around to share segment is, create new data source and update or create the traits associated with the segment and apply the newly created data source to the selected traits. Then, create the data feed with the newly created data source.

The recipient of the data feed will need to recreate the segment at their end utilizing the traits shared.

Hopefully the above is useful for others who have encountered similar scenarios.

Cheers,

Winston

Level 10

Thanks for the follow-up Winston! I'll make your follow-up as the correct answer in case others view this thread.