Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Audience Manager API login issue

Level 4

When trying to retrieve an API token for the Audience Manager API, I keep receiving this message:

'Legacy login has been disabled for IMS users'

Anyone know how to get around this? I think its related to needing to log in using marketing cloud now - but I have no idea how to do that via an API token request.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Aaron,

It seems that you are using a username that is linked with the Marketing Cloud Log in or you are using Marketing Cloud ID (email) to log in for APIs or BAAAM.

Please log onto AAM UI and create a new user and use an email address that is not a Marketing Cloud ID. Then, check by logging onto http://bank.demdex.com and see if you are able to log in with username and password only. If you are able to log in without being redirected to Marketing Cloud sign in, then you will be able to use that username and password in APIs.

For further assistance on APIs or BAAAM, you can contact AAM support.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

With the recent Experience Cloud level user management changes. Enterprises are required to have an API account / user to access APIs which is not tied to Experience cloud. We would recommend to contact your consultant or AAM support (amsupport@adobe.com)

to assist you with an API user for your account.

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Aaron,

It seems that you are using a username that is linked with the Marketing Cloud Log in or you are using Marketing Cloud ID (email) to log in for APIs or BAAAM.

Please log onto AAM UI and create a new user and use an email address that is not a Marketing Cloud ID. Then, check by logging onto http://bank.demdex.com and see if you are able to log in with username and password only. If you are able to log in without being redirected to Marketing Cloud sign in, then you will be able to use that username and password in APIs.

For further assistance on APIs or BAAAM, you can contact AAM support.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra