Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Access to the log files

Level 10

Hi,

1. If we need access to the log files created by AAM, who provides access to them?

2. Does AAM create log files at all?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, you can either export segment and trait level data or Customer Data Feeds (CDF) which is the raw data collected by the Data Collection Servers. Either your consultant or Client Care will be able to enable this for you. You will need to provide a sftp or s3 bucket that they deliver this data to.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, you can either export segment and trait level data or Customer Data Feeds (CDF) which is the raw data collected by the Data Collection Servers. Either your consultant or Client Care will be able to enable this for you. You will need to provide a sftp or s3 bucket that they deliver this data to.

Level 10

Thanks Jhelou for responding,

My questions are a bit different.

1. Does AAM create log files at all?

2. If we need access to the log files created by AAM, who provides access to them?

Please respond quickly.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hey Rama,

AAM creates log files which are internal to it's system. What is the intent to access the log files may be we can guide you better.

Thanks,

Gaurang

Level 10

Creating and using log files like in any other application.

Let us say, we are importing segments from outside.

A log file will describe this whole import process: How many segments imported, start time, end time, etc.

There is no practical use case for log files in AAM?

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 9

Hi Rama,

I believe you are referring to subscribing to other traits and segments from Marketplace and shared audience.
At present there is no log single report for all the subscribed data, and/or imported segments from shared audience.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 10

Hi Varun,

Do you say that there is absolutely no business case for logs in AAM at all?

I do not have much exposure to AAM and so am thinking of logs from the perspective of other products.

Appreciate all your support.

Thanks

Rama.