Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AAM/Campaign and Profile Merge Rules

Level 5

Hello,

How can AAM influence Campaign in this scenario:

I signed up for our Loyalty program using my gmail address. I regularly log in using our app on my cell phone. I am opted into receiving messages from my company using my corporate email address. I know that I have logged into the Loyalty account using my work laptop. Today I received an email to my corporate account (from Adobe Campaign) on my work laptop, asking me to sign up for our loyalty account.

I know in AAM that Profile Merge Rules would know that, because I authenticate on my cell phone to access the app and I've authenticated using my work laptop, that the two devices are linked as part of my AAM identity.

The question is, what is required in terms of an interface from AAM to Campaign and how would I use AMM to prevent Campaign from sending me Join Loyalty email messages on my work laptop?

Make sense? Glenn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello glennb29356951​,

Based on the given description, I understand the following:

1. You have signed up for Loyalty Program using your gmail address.

2. You also access App from your Mobile Device.

3. You have opted to receive messages from your company on your coporate email address.

In the above use case, there are 3 identifiers which are being used to identify you as a person behind all the active across devices.

If you have Adobe Campaign integrated with AAM then all this information is being sent to Campaign directly but the main question lies here is "how you are identifying users across all these devices?"

Or in other words, in the setCustomerID function of Visitor ID service, are you passing same customerID value to AAM irrespective of using gmail/corporate email addresses or Mobile device?

If yes then you need to make sure that your PMR uses the same datasource as our ID sync one.

If no then please ensure that you have a common identifier across all the devices for the given user and here identifier refers to the value of customerID.

I hope that helps, please feel free to revert with any additional question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello glennb29356951​,

Based on the given description, I understand the following:

1. You have signed up for Loyalty Program using your gmail address.

2. You also access App from your Mobile Device.

3. You have opted to receive messages from your company on your coporate email address.

In the above use case, there are 3 identifiers which are being used to identify you as a person behind all the active across devices.

If you have Adobe Campaign integrated with AAM then all this information is being sent to Campaign directly but the main question lies here is "how you are identifying users across all these devices?"

Or in other words, in the setCustomerID function of Visitor ID service, are you passing same customerID value to AAM irrespective of using gmail/corporate email addresses or Mobile device?

If yes then you need to make sure that your PMR uses the same datasource as our ID sync one.

If no then please ensure that you have a common identifier across all the devices for the given user and here identifier refers to the value of customerID.

I hope that helps, please feel free to revert with any additional question.

Level 5

Thanks, but you missed part of my question...

...how would I use AMM to prevent Campaign from sending me Join Loyalty email messages on my work laptop? The system thinks, on my laptop, that I am an unknown user.

Employee Advisor

Hello glennb29356951​,

Before I can answer this question, I need to know "how you are identifying users across all these devices?"

Are you identifying yourself as a single user from all three mediums?