Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Why is Revenue rounded to nearest dollar in CSV exports but not XLS exports?

Level 2

When I export reports as a CSV in Site Catalyst, Revenue and (I think) other currency totals are all rounded to the nearest dollar on each line, but XLS exports have the exact amounts to the cent. I've had a maddening time trying to find an explanation of why this is, or if it's possible to change an option setting somewhere that lets me get exact amounts in CSV exports.

The closest I've found is the suggestion in the documentation to add a calculated "Unrounded" Revenue, but since the standard Revenue field is unrounded in XLS exports, it seems like this shouldn't be necessary (and when I tried it, the report doesn't show a Total for that field either).

Thanks if you can help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Don,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

It MIGHT be due to an intrinsic difference in how the two formats treat numbers but I can't say for sure. Let me see if I can find some info.

From your end, could you please run these results using the Report Builder plugin to see if this problem persists (I'm assuming you're pulling your report from SC as of now).

Regards

Rahul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below link to see if it answers your queries.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_revenue.html

thanks!

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for trying but this really wasn't any help. It seems to be about the Revenue Report specifically, and doesn't mention the difference I am asking about at all. Again, the specific question I have is why the exact same report may or may not include rounded numbers for Revenue or other currency metrics, depending solely on whether I export it as a CSV file (rounded) or XLS file (not rounded). The workaround of creating a calculated metric is doable, but I'm annoyed that it's necessary and completely baffled as to why, or if there is a better workaround that uses the standard Revenue metric.

Thanks,

Don

Level 8

Hey Don,

Did you get a chance to check if this problem was occurring with the Report Builder plugin?

Regards

Rahul

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Don,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

It MIGHT be due to an intrinsic difference in how the two formats treat numbers but I can't say for sure. Let me see if I can find some info.

From your end, could you please run these results using the Report Builder plugin to see if this problem persists (I'm assuming you're pulling your report from SC as of now).

Regards

Rahul

Level 2

Hi Rahul,

Sorry for the long-delayed response, this dropped off my radar for awhile.

I hadn't used Report Builder but I finally got around to checking into this option and it appears we don't have Report Builder enabled for that report suite. However, even if that is a viable workaround, I am still very curious about the difference between report formats just within Reporting and Analytics, if that's the tool I'm using. Did you find out anything about that?

Thanks,
Don

Level 8

Hi Don,

Apologies but I haven't been able to figure out a reason for this to occur.

Could you please let me know if this is causing any major business concerns for you.

Regards

Rahul

Level 2

Hi Rahul,

No, this isn't major, just an annoyance as I said. I was also wondering if perhaps the answer to it might lead me to someplace within Reporting & Analytics that would provide other configuration options as well that I might not be aware of. Thanks for checking.