Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

What's the differnce between this calculated metric and 'metrics/visits'?

Level 1

I've been working with a client trying to ingest their Analytics data using the 'Data Warehouse' feature, but was seeing some discrepancies.

Under the 'workspace' tab, the client created a report. I noticed that when they use the 'visits' metric, they are using a calculated metric (ID: cm300005330_5d9cb1dd961e9c361a903f2a) instead of 'metrics/visits.'

Here is the cm definition I receive from the API:

{
	"rsid": <removed>,
	"reportSuiteName": <removed>,
	"id": "cm300005330_5d9cb1dd961e9c361a903f2a",
	"name": "Visits",
	"description": "",
	"polarity": "positive",
	"precision": 0,
	"type": "decimal",
	"definition": {
		"formula": {
			"func": "metric",
			"name": "metrics/visits",
			"description": "Visits"
		},
		"func": "calc-metric",
		"version": [
		]
	},
	"compatibility": {
		"identityMetrics": [{
			"identity": "metrics/visits"
		}],
		"validator_version": "1.0.0",
		"supported_products": [
			"oberon",
			"frag"
		],
		"supported_schema": [
			"schema_oberon",
			"schema_frag"
		]
	},
	"categories": [
		"Calculated Metrics"
	],
	"tags": []
}

So when I compare the report the client built in the UI with the data I exported with Data Warehouse, the 'visits' don't match up, but the 'page_views' metric does match.

The UI report uses these: calculated metric 'cm300005330_5d9cb1dd961e9c361a903f2a,'  and 'metrics/pageviews'

Whereas the Data Warehouse export I built uses 'metrics/visits' and 'metrics/pageviews'.

I'm looking at the calculated metric and it looks like it's just a wrapper around the 'metrics/visits' metric. it's not adding or removing anything. Am I missing something? Lemme know if you need any more info. Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

@samlehman2  Can you try using "Visits-All Visits" metric in Data Warehouse ? Let us know if it matches the visits of Workspace project report. Refer the below links :-

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/metrics/visits.html?lang=en

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

@samlehman2  Can you try using "Visits-All Visits" metric in Data Warehouse ? Let us know if it matches the visits of Workspace project report. Refer the below links :-

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/metrics/visits.html?lang=en

Level 1

Opps, I didn't mean to mark this as the solution...

I attempted using the 'all visits' field (I also added the unique visits field as well) and the totals still are way larger than what the calculated metric is showing.