Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Want to track logged in user and User's metadata

Employee

I have a requirement to track how many users successfully logged in to my website along with their metadata e.g. their Role, Designation (that comes from the back-end and is available at the client side(Javascript) of the application).

I am using a DirectCall rule in DTM in the Login function's(Ajax call) Success callback where I capture user's username, name, designation and other related info which I want to track.

I have created a dataLayer like this:

dataLayer= {

'pagename':pageName,

'loggedInUser' : username,

'designation' : designation,

'UserRole' : role

}

I have captured this information in separate custom eVars and have to show this in a tabular format as shown below:

UserName  |   Designation  | UserRole  |  No.Of Views

How can this be achieved? Is my approach right, or I can use some predefined eVars or mechanism in place?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No They are not integrated with AA Dashboards but you can create you own dashboard using the Repoting API.

Analytics will only do breakdown style reports.

The solution that was explained above the send all the details in one report can achieve what you want.

If you send in an eVar : username | Designation | UserRole then it will appear as is, as a line item, then you will just have to add metric No.Of Views

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Actually, you can just use one evar and get in the concatenated value of the 4 attributes. Once collected, you can classify them into separate reports and then do your analysis.

However, make sure that the username (or any attribute) is obscure and does not fall in PII.

Employee

Hi hyderziaee​ You mean something like below to be captured in an eVar:

UserA, UserRoleofA, DesignationofA

and than classify them into separate reports.

Isn't this the same thing if I capture all these 3 KPIs (User, Role and Designation) in 3 seperate eVars and this will give me 3 reports ?

My problem was to show these 3 things in a tabular form in some report. Is that possible?

Employee

Tabular as shown in my original post.

Community Advisor

Per your initial post you said you already captured the data and you want to display the data in this way:

UserName  |   Designation  | UserRole  |  No.Of Views

Try Data Warehouse or Reporting API .

There is also Report Builder plugin for excel

You could also check Google Data Studio that allows you to create custom reports. There is an Adobe Analytics connector.

Employee

I want to have such a report in Adobe Analytics Dashboard. Is that possible?

Are API and Data Warehouse solutions integrated in AA Dashboards?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No They are not integrated with AA Dashboards but you can create you own dashboard using the Repoting API.

Analytics will only do breakdown style reports.

The solution that was explained above the send all the details in one report can achieve what you want.

If you send in an eVar : username | Designation | UserRole then it will appear as is, as a line item, then you will just have to add metric No.Of Views