Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Visits/Visitor from First Visit to Conversion

Level 2

I'm trying to identify the number of visits it takes to convert for a particular asset. To achieve this, I've created a Sequential Segment with the following logic:

Segment scope: Visitor, Only after sequence

Visit Number = 1

THEN

Page Type = Conversion [Hit]

I've measured this segment by Visits/Visitor

Is this the right approach?

czmudzin_0-1663261263829.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm not sure if that would be what you want... 

So first off, there is no time constraint on a Visitor Level segment, so every user would have had "visit number = 1"... however, since your data has a retention policy (probably 2 or 3 years), and user who came to your site before that time wouldn't be included.

The next concern is that this segment is looking at "After this sequence" which will include the visit number of the conversion, and the visit after that, and the visit after that, and so on... 

I don't think this needs to be so complicated.. I believe you can just create a hit segment, where "Page Type = Conversion [Hit]". You can use whatever metric you choose, and use the Visit Number dimension as a breakdown. The HIT where the conversion occurred will show which visit number the user was on when they converted.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm not sure if that would be what you want... 

So first off, there is no time constraint on a Visitor Level segment, so every user would have had "visit number = 1"... however, since your data has a retention policy (probably 2 or 3 years), and user who came to your site before that time wouldn't be included.

The next concern is that this segment is looking at "After this sequence" which will include the visit number of the conversion, and the visit after that, and the visit after that, and so on... 

I don't think this needs to be so complicated.. I believe you can just create a hit segment, where "Page Type = Conversion [Hit]". You can use whatever metric you choose, and use the Visit Number dimension as a breakdown. The HIT where the conversion occurred will show which visit number the user was on when they converted.