Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visits to Purchase

Level 1

Hello,

We utilize a SiteCatalyst v15 global suite to analyze numerous subsets of pages or microsites. There is a global s_vi cookie and a microsite cookie where applicable. Given that all data is combined it seems to be a challenge determining the number of visits to purchase as the visit counts are provided by the global cookie and not the microsite cookie. Note: We also have a custom evar and prop that captures "New" vs "Repeat" as a value on each page view.

I have configured a Page Hit segment of the microsite to isolate activity for these pages only.

Microsite ToyMarket (HIT)
Hit – MicroSite Property (evar##) equals ToyMarket

I then utilize the the Visit Number Report found under Visitor Retention. This above approach seems to provide the results I seek but am not certain of the accuracy as the microsite cookie is not used to capture visit counts in a global suite.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes that is right if you have a single global suite all the visit logic is derived from within that implementation data view. Hit containers are  isolating hits from the larger global report suite view and there is no 're-processing' of the larger global logic. It sounds like you may need to multi-suite tag or perform additional custom tagging on the microsite.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi,

I'm a a bit unclear on the exact conditions of the described implementation. Are you referring to a multi-suite tagging situation (1.Global Suite, 2.Microsite) or is there a single global report suite? 

If you are parsing out the hits to Microsite ToyMarket from a single global suite then the visit number data will follow from that global suite view. In other words even though you have chosen a hit selection from the global suite to isolate down to an identified microsite the data is still governed by the global suite data set processing logic.

Best,

Brian

Level 1

Brian Au wrote...

Hi,

I'm a a bit unclear on the exact conditions of the described implementation. Are you referring to a multi-suite tagging situation (1.Global Suite, 2.Microsite) or is there a single global report suite? 

If you are parsing out the hits to Microsite ToyMarket from a single global suite then the visit number data will follow from that global suite view. In other words even though you have chosen a hit selection from the global suite to isolate down to an identified microsite the data is still governed by the global suite data set processing logic.

Best,

Brian

Hi Brian - We have implemented a global suite which aggregates all site and microsite activity creating a challenge in performing various types of analysis on a subset of pages or microsite.  It is my understanding that the initial visit and subsequent visit will be derived from the s_vi cookie. Meaning that any visit to to any one of the pages contained in the global suite will be counted as a visit - first/new and return.  It seems that this default configuration renders any attempt to perform visits to purchase analysis using out-of-the-box reports impossible for a subset of pages considered to be a stand-alone site even if a filter/segemnt is applied based on page hit to the group of pages. Please feel free to add commentary regarding my understanding of the Visit Number report and its use in the situation described. Thanks!  Tom

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes that is right if you have a single global suite all the visit logic is derived from within that implementation data view. Hit containers are  isolating hits from the larger global report suite view and there is no 're-processing' of the larger global logic. It sounds like you may need to multi-suite tag or perform additional custom tagging on the microsite.

Best,

Brian