Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Visitor with multiple visits in month

Level 2

I am looking for a way to count visitor with at least 2 visits in one month. I tried sequential segments:

Thomas_Wolf_0-1695628706457.png

and visits >= 2:

Thomas_Wolf_1-1695628743873.png

Checking this with Data from DWH, Segment (Visits >= 2) was closest, but not exact match.

Did anyone had the same issue? How did you handle that?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Again, it will be close by not exactly, but you could try adding a date constraint?

VISITOR

Visit is greater than or equal to 2

AND

Last 30 full days

It won't line up with the calendar date, but at least on a rolling month basis, those 2 visits must be within the same 30 day time frame?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Again, it will be close by not exactly, but you could try adding a date constraint?

VISITOR

Visit is greater than or equal to 2

AND

Last 30 full days

It won't line up with the calendar date, but at least on a rolling month basis, those 2 visits must be within the same 30 day time frame?

Community Advisor

Interesting question and I tried as well. Using your segments gives me two very different numbers, the simple segment is almost double the sequential, and I wonder if both segments really mean the same thing.

And it is not.

The sequential segment is another "visit" exists "after 1 visit" of another "visit", so there are 3 visits in total. If I change the simple segment to visits larger or equal 3, both segments give the same answer.

I tried to think about how to create a sequential segment to your intention but was unable to get that yet.

Community Advisor

I am also trying variants, and in all cases right now, I have visitors coming back with only 1 visit...  (which shouldn't be the case for any of the above)... I am going to keep digging.

Community Advisor

Tried to play around and found a way to create a sequential segment with the same result as the simple "Visits >= 2" segment

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 12.04.26 PM.png

 The trick is adding the visit container first before the "then" operator and there is no need to specify the "after" clause to the operator