Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visitor ID question

Level 2

Hi All,

I have a situation with a client where I need to validate their new implementation and ensure data collection is correct, but where we may not be able to run two implementations in parallel (multiple instances of the Visitor ID service is breaking some of the reporting). 

Assuming it is not possible to run both together... does anyone have ideas on how we could validate the implementation at scale?

Thanks,

Jakub

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

You could validate your implementation keeping your website in staging environment. It will not affect your current implementation. 

Other pointers that might be handy while verification are described here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcvid/mcvid_verify.html

I hope this solves your issue.

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

You could validate your implementation keeping your website in staging environment. It will not affect your current implementation. 

Other pointers that might be handy while verification are described here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcvid/mcvid_verify.html

I hope this solves your issue.

Regards,

TM

Level 2

Hi TM,

I agree, it is not a great idea but unfortunately that's the situation.

Can you just elaborate a bit what you mean...I have never done that before but it sounds something doable.

Thanks TM 

Level 2

Thanks TM,

unfortunately I need to have both in production. I am going from s.code on the page using DTM....so I need to verify both implementations in production, against each other.

If you can think of anything please let me know.

Thanks again.

Jakub 

Level 10

Hi Jakub,

I was asking if it is possible for you to create a duplicate web page? You can apply new implementation in production on that page and compare the data. It might help you validate.

Regards,

TM

Level 2

I will run it by a client. Not sure though, however I do thank you for your time.

Thanks.