Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visitor First Visit Logic

Level 2

I'm trying to compose a segment of visitors that:

1. In their first visit, entered through blog.page.com

2. In their first visit, came from Natural Search

Is this logic accurate?

Screenshot 2022-12-13 133748.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It looks logical to me... If I were making a similar segment that is where I would start, then I would check the data to make sure nothing looks fishy.... 

For instance, I track the ECID of my users in an eVar, so I might create a freeform with the ids, then spot check a few to find users with Visit Number = 1 in my reporting period, then break that down by the entry page and marketing channel... make sure that everything aligns.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It looks logical to me... If I were making a similar segment that is where I would start, then I would check the data to make sure nothing looks fishy.... 

For instance, I track the ECID of my users in an eVar, so I might create a freeform with the ids, then spot check a few to find users with Visit Number = 1 in my reporting period, then break that down by the entry page and marketing channel... make sure that everything aligns.