Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Does deleting an Adobe Analytics user from Admin Console delete their custom assets?

Level 2

Hi everyone!

As per the subject, if I remove a user via the Admin Console does it delete any of their segments, calculated metrics, or projects? I don't think it does and have tested doing so without anything being lost, but I am wondering if there are any situations where deleting a user may delete their stuff.

Many thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Usually no.. but I have had an issue with Report Builder reports... they don't show in the assets, but IF the user has any scheduled Report Builder reports (these show up in the legacy scheduled reports (as opposed to scheduled projects) area; those will break - likely cause the credentials to pull the data no longer exist.

I found that one out the hard way

I still like to review all the assets in an account, transfer what is good, delete what is not... remove the user's access from Admin Console, then remove the user from Analytics.

Remember, the user technically still exists in the Analytics when their access / account is removed from the admin panel.... in Analytics they look like the old legacy account and say "not migrated".... (if you have been around long enough, you know that before the cloud login users were added directly to Analytics, and all those users needed to be migrated to the cloud)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Usually no.. but I have had an issue with Report Builder reports... they don't show in the assets, but IF the user has any scheduled Report Builder reports (these show up in the legacy scheduled reports (as opposed to scheduled projects) area; those will break - likely cause the credentials to pull the data no longer exist.

I found that one out the hard way

I still like to review all the assets in an account, transfer what is good, delete what is not... remove the user's access from Admin Console, then remove the user from Analytics.

Remember, the user technically still exists in the Analytics when their access / account is removed from the admin panel.... in Analytics they look like the old legacy account and say "not migrated".... (if you have been around long enough, you know that before the cloud login users were added directly to Analytics, and all those users needed to be migrated to the cloud)

Level 2

Thanks for the heads-up @Jennifer_Dungan! All of our users are migrated to Experience Cloud logins so even when they're removed via the Admin Console they still 'exist' within the legacy user management interface.

With your report builder issue, was it a case that the scheduled report was lost forever?

Community Advisor

LOL, it depends.... 

In my case it was a mix... some of the Excel documents were stored on a shared internal server (that thankfully some of the Data Team had access to), so we just logged in with a different account and re-scheduled them.

Other reports were lost... at least in our case, we were working to roll this one site into our Global suite... so the lost reports weren't a big issue for us.. but that may not be the case for you....

So I guess it really depends on what type of user you are removing... did they have access to Report Builder... if so, were they actually using it... and if using it, did they actually have reports scheduled... or were they just running them manually.

Hopefully they didn't have anything scheduled, and you should be okay.

One of the tricks I have when removing users... I have a "general account" setup.. I transfer all assets there to review if I need to remove the user fast... but with the Admin Console able to control access, the accounts don't need to be immediately removed any longer... just access denied

Level 2

Thanks again! I'll have to double-check to see if anyone is using Report Builder.

What I'd need to check in the Adobe Analytics user interface is if they had any legacy scheduled reports in their assets before removing their Experience Cloud access.

Community Advisor

"Normal" legacy scheduled reports will show as account assets at least... it's just the Report Builder ones that don't show....

Also, I believe that legacy reports now expire after 1 year... it's possible if people haven't been using those recently.. most of them have likely not sending any longer

Good luck with your user clean up.