Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

USING UTM CAMPAIGN PARAMETERS & CID IN ADOBE ANALYTICS

Level 1

Hi,

I am new to Adobe Analytics,It would be great if anyone can help me understand utm campaign parameters in details?And also what is cid and its importance?

Thanks and Regards,

Fouzan Javeed

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

here are some links about that topic which should help you:

hope you will find your answers

Level 2

Apart from the links in the Adobe forums, I came across this guide on how to have your Adobe Analytics read your links like the UTM links you'd use in Google Analytics. It goes to explain s.campaigns and "cid" and its importance in Adobe before going into the how-to process on building UTM links. Hope it helps:

https://medium.com/@factivateapp/the-complete-guide-to-using-utm-parameters-in-adobe-analytics-dfce8...

Level 2

There's also a publicly available Adobe UTM Campaign builder "Adobe UTM Form Manager" that you can use. You'd need to configure your s.campaign variable on your end to use it and finalize your classifications setup but it's a good option to have. You will need to sign up for a subscription to configure the form, form options, dropdown menus, etc but it's a good place to start.

Level 1

UTM Parameters and CID (campaign identifier) are supposed to do the same thing: Hold descriptive data about your online marketing campaigns.

Google uses a set of UTM parameters. Each parameter (e.g. utm_source) of the predefined and fixed set holds one piece of data (e.g. twitter).

In Adobe you put all campaign data in one parameter, separated by a delimiter. The campaign parameter might be named “cid”, but actually you can use any other name for it as well.

If you are looking for a tool that simplifies the process of managing campaign data and that can fill the Adobe campaign parameter alongside with the UTM parameter set, you might want to take a look at https://edcampaign.io.