Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Uploading Matched ID's into a Segment Through Saint Files?

Level 2

Hello! What do you think the best approach to this business problem is? 

At the beginning of the year, we started collecting customer IDs within Adobe in a custom evar. We now have a PowerBi dashboard that receives a daily export from Adobe with all the customer IDs that visited the website within a day. The dashboard then ingests in-store customer purchase data and matches back customers who purchased in-store to customers who visited the website within 7 days. 

I want to take those matched customer IDs and put the data back into Adobe so I can analyze the website behavior of customers who shopped in-store. I know I could do a custom segment, but that's pretty manual. I'm hoping to export out of PowerBI for each fiscal week and upload those IDs back into Adobe to create a segment of some sort. What would be the best approach here? 

I eventually need to be able to answer questions like:

1. What marketing channel converts the most amount of people to instore purchasers?

2. What pages were visited most by customers who shopped in-store?

3. Were the specific features that most in-store shoppers interacted with, like the store map or store locator page?

I appreciate all the help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should be able to apply classifications under your Customer ID eVar through the classification importer... You would need a classification for each variant, since a classification can only hold a single value, but maybe that is all you need? If you are just trying to identify "in-store purchaser"

So let's say you had these customers:

Let's say you identify 1234 as such a person, you could flag you classification as "true"

But the problem here would be, this is basically an all time mapping, as opposed to each individual in-store purchase....

You might be better off looking at importing real data, about those in-store purchases, using Data Sources.

While this example uses Importing GA, it could be modified to use any custom data source.

https://www.fullstackanalyst.io/blog/adobe-analytics/import-google-analytics-data-into-adobe-analyti...

This way, assuming you have the information about the in store purchase, you could have revenue, product info, quantities, and importantly timestamps for use with pulling reports within whatever time frame you need to review.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should be able to apply classifications under your Customer ID eVar through the classification importer... You would need a classification for each variant, since a classification can only hold a single value, but maybe that is all you need? If you are just trying to identify "in-store purchaser"

So let's say you had these customers:

Let's say you identify 1234 as such a person, you could flag you classification as "true"

But the problem here would be, this is basically an all time mapping, as opposed to each individual in-store purchase....

You might be better off looking at importing real data, about those in-store purchases, using Data Sources.

While this example uses Importing GA, it could be modified to use any custom data source.

https://www.fullstackanalyst.io/blog/adobe-analytics/import-google-analytics-data-into-adobe-analyti...

This way, assuming you have the information about the in store purchase, you could have revenue, product info, quantities, and importantly timestamps for use with pulling reports within whatever time frame you need to review.

Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for the replay. So, I went ahead and followed your advice and utilized a data source upload. The cool thing is we collect the same ID for online identified visits and in-store purchasers. So I can upload a file like this ID | Instore Revenue | Instore Orders. And on those IDs that have in-store revenue (categorizing them as online visitors and in-store shoppers), I can see their online behavior as well.

The issue I'm having is that I can't create a segment that says "Instore Revenue Exists" to quickly segment only IDs with in-store revenue attached. I believe this is because the in-store revenue is not tied to the visit. But this is a massive problem because weekly, we have about 27,000 IDs that purchase in-store—simply too many to create custom segments for. So, do you have any ideas on how I could navigate around this? The goal is to have the segment of customers that we've identified go into the store to purchase and then analyze their website behavior. 

Community Advisor

I'm so glad to hear that worked!

Hmmm I've never used this import feature before, but I wonder if you could import addition information, such as timestamps of the instore visit and map a metric as well - maybe not "Visit" since that might impact other reports, but maybe a custom "in-store visit" event? Then you should be able to use your "Exists" segment with that custom metric?

Level 2

Yeah, it's tricky because I'm more interested in analyzing the online behavior and using the existence of instore revenue as a determiner for whether the ID was an instore shopper or not. It would be like this: 

ID              |  Visits  | Instore Revenue 

User ABC  |  1     |  0

User DEF  |  1     |  $5

User GHI  |   1     |  $10

Essentially, I would only want to look at users DEF and GHI and analyze their online behavior during their visit to the website. Theoretically, an 'Instore Revenue Exists in the Visit' filter on the entire panel would make it so that I only see those two users... but instead, that filter breaks the whole report. Basically saying, there are no visits where In-store revenue exists...

Community Advisor

Right, I get that, but I think having some metric would make creating a segment easier?

The problem is that the in-store revenue is not part of the online visit... it's part of the visitor data, but its a separate row of information...

Right now you don't have any metrics associated to the uploaded data.

You could try creating a Visitor Scope segment, looking for Visitors with Instore Revenue, assuming of course that the imported data is properly stitching to the "Adobe Visitor Identifier" and not just to your custom system GUID... 

But if you are only importing: "ID | Instore Revenue | Instore Orders"
and that ID is your custom ID, you will have problems creating segments to align your web data to your instore data.... Since all Adobe segments are based on isolating traffic based on the Adobe Visitor....

Level 2

hmmm... do you have any advice on how I would properly import the data so that the Adobe visitor identifier would work? Thank you so much again for the help!