Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Unspecified Data in Campaign Report

Level 2

I am seeing "Unspecified" line item data in huge numbers. Could this be because of any existing untagged campaigns?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The bottom line is that whatever metrics you're using, at the time at event was fired the campaign variable did not have a persisting value. This could be due to the visitor not arriving via a campaign (such as direct traffic), or it could be improper campaign tagging.

If you suspect a campaign is improperly tagged, I'd recommend pretending to be a visitor, click through the campaign, and check the debugger to make sure the campaign variable is triggered on the following page.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go though the below article and see if it helps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/none-unspecified-and-unknown.html

Thanks!

Level 2

I read that link. None of the explanation in that link helps.

Level 2

This could be the answer. Please confirm!

For example:

Site total revenue= $1000 for 1 day

Campaign total revenue= $1000 for 1 day

- $900 from paid Campaign alone and $100 from the Non paid campaign 

- Adobe Analytics reports the non-campaign data here while we break down other metrics which has got data (It can be props /                                         eVars / events). In this case we are breaking events  (Revenue and Order)

In the Campaign report, the “Unspecified” data is a an addition of the other revenue data to arrive at the site’s entire revenue in the bottom table. Adobe Analytics do this mainly to break-down other metrics which has got the value (Orders and Revenue) but “NO CAMPAIGN DATA." 

Level 2

Or is the answer for "Unspecified" in Campaign report = IMPROPER Campaign tagging? I tried breaking down by visits - still I could see "Unspecified" contrary to what I explained above - breaking down by custom variables / custom metrics.

Please help on this!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The bottom line is that whatever metrics you're using, at the time at event was fired the campaign variable did not have a persisting value. This could be due to the visitor not arriving via a campaign (such as direct traffic), or it could be improper campaign tagging.

If you suspect a campaign is improperly tagged, I'd recommend pretending to be a visitor, click through the campaign, and check the debugger to make sure the campaign variable is triggered on the following page.