Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Unique visitors

Level 1

I'm new to Analytics and not an IT person. I'm trying to figure out how many Unique Visitors I'm getting and the numbers that my reports are giving are way to high. Is there a way to confirm when it says I have 108 unique visitors in an hour, who those unique visitors are?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Unique Visitors are individual visitors with a cookie assigned to them.  So that means that if you go to your site with one browser, you are one Unique Visitor.  You can technically be a second Unique Visitor if you go to the same site on a different Internet Browser.  To further break it down by Visits, feel free to see our doc here: Compare unique visitors and visits

Hope this helps!  Let us know if you need anything else!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Unique Visitors are individual visitors with a cookie assigned to them.  So that means that if you go to your site with one browser, you are one Unique Visitor.  You can technically be a second Unique Visitor if you go to the same site on a different Internet Browser.  To further break it down by Visits, feel free to see our doc here: Compare unique visitors and visits

Hope this helps!  Let us know if you need anything else!

Employee

@Andrew_Chepurny What would be a Unique visitors definition on mobile apps? If user log in from one device it a unique visitor and if logs in from a different mobile device is it a second unique visitor? The number of unique visitors in mobile world would mean number of active devices?

Level 2

Further to this, these cookies values are captured in post_visid_high and post_visid_low columns in the data feeds. This is a method that helps you analyze in detail who these visitors are and where are they coming from.

Documents that might help : https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/get-started/data-feed-ov...

Analytics Data Feed overview

Data column reference