Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unique visitors in mobile app

Employee

1. What would be a Unique visitors definition on mobile apps? If user logs in from one device they count as one unique visitor and if same user logs in

from a different mobile device is it a second unique visitor?

2. Would the number of unique visitors in mobile world mean number of unique active devices?

3. Since each logged in user in mobile world has a unique user guid therefore counting the distinct numbers of these user guids gives me unique visitors for my mobile app?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@arihjain28 Unique visitors in mobile App is based on visitor ID , The SDK generates a unique visitor ID when an app is installed. This app visitor ID is stored within persistent memory on the mobile device and is sent with every hit. The app visitor ID is removed only when the user uninstalls the app (app visitor IDs persist through upgrades)

2. To answer second questions, it actually mean number of unique visitors being generated by these devices 

3.As said, in the first point , it counts the number of unique visitors generated by the SDK put in the mobile app 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@arihjain28 Unique visitors in mobile App is based on visitor ID , The SDK generates a unique visitor ID when an app is installed. This app visitor ID is stored within persistent memory on the mobile device and is sent with every hit. The app visitor ID is removed only when the user uninstalls the app (app visitor IDs persist through upgrades)

2. To answer second questions, it actually mean number of unique visitors being generated by these devices 

3.As said, in the first point , it counts the number of unique visitors generated by the SDK put in the mobile app 

Employee

@VaniBhemarasetty  Thank you for the info. As a follow up question I want to ask what happens to previous app visitor IDs if user reinstalls the app on the same device. Would I still see the previous app visitor ID in adobe analytics data for the same device as you mentioned they persists on device and is sent with every hit?

If reinstalled then a new visitor ID would be sent but would I still see the old visitor ID for the same user using the same device?

Employee Advisor

@arihjain28 The previous app visitor IDs will still be there in reporting, it is just a new visitor ID that gets generated with the re installation. Ideally , you should be able to see the new visitor ID for the same device for the same app ID

You would be having both the new and old visitor IDs in your reporting , old visitor ID will be historic , and all the activities done after reinstallation will be tied to the new visitor ID