Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

TroubleShooting Help! Will not Print to PDF error messages.

Level 1

I get a few different type of error messages when I try to print to PDF, I get "Your file waiting to be printed was deleted" also and "The Handle is invalid." Also on our accounting software which is the purpose that I need this to Print to PDF it does not saving at all. It gives me a directory to save it at, but once i click to print nothing is saved. I am at a complete loss of what to do. So far most of what I have searched and found has not helped. I have Repaired Adobe and removed all other versions. From when I remember this started is I used to have Adobe Acrobat DC the trial installed, I signed up for the trial and it worked great once the trial was completed I was no longer able to do this. So i installed Adobe Acrobat XI which is fully licensed and this function has not worked for me after installation. Capture.PNG1.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Okay So I called Tech support and i was able to get some help with what they suggested, Unfortunatly there is no actual support where they can remote in but they helped with suggesting what i could try. One of the items I hadn't tried is downloading their Adobe Tool Cleaner

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

I had a trial of Adobe Reader DC and the trial ended after that It never worked, I uninstalled all Adobe Products from my computer. I downloaded all the items listed and uninstalled Acrobat & Reader for all available downloads. Restarted the computer and it worked! No more "The Handle is invalid" or "Your file waiting to be printed was deleted"

Hope this helps anyone who has this same issue!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Okay So I called Tech support and i was able to get some help with what they suggested, Unfortunatly there is no actual support where they can remote in but they helped with suggesting what i could try. One of the items I hadn't tried is downloading their Adobe Tool Cleaner

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

I had a trial of Adobe Reader DC and the trial ended after that It never worked, I uninstalled all Adobe Products from my computer. I downloaded all the items listed and uninstalled Acrobat & Reader for all available downloads. Restarted the computer and it worked! No more "The Handle is invalid" or "Your file waiting to be printed was deleted"

Hope this helps anyone who has this same issue!

Employee

Glad you were able to get it to work. Just for clarity in your initial issue, were you trying to print to pdf from third party software (accounting)? Your issue was not trying to print from DC or the reader itself, correct?

Level 1

I was trying to print from every program, and it would not let me. Word, Excel, Notepad is where i got those error messages posted above.