Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Tracking session cut

Level 5

Hi,

we have a set of promotional pages which are managed by an own CMS tool. The rest of the website uses another framework. Both are tracked in same report suite and both set of pages appear in the reports. However if user goes from promos page to another page, we cannot see this journey. In the reports I mostly have exits for these promos pages, even though lots of users continue their journey. I believe this is due to some faulty settings.

The pages cannot be attributed to same visitor, even though they have the same visitorID (s_vi cookie value is equal). What differs though is the tracking server. Most of the pages use secure server whereas promo pages do not.

I further noticed the promo pages do not use any visitor mifration key (do they need it?), whereas the rest of the pages do use a visitor migration key...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

Please check if the visitors have the same trackingserver and trackingserversecure and they are going to the same report suite. Difference in those values would mean a different cookie domain and that would make the journey have different paths instead of a single one. 

Tanmay

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

Please check if the visitors have the same trackingserver and trackingserversecure and they are going to the same report suite. Difference in those values would mean a different cookie domain and that would make the journey have different paths instead of a single one. 

Tanmay

Level 5

Settings for CampaignTrackingServer and TrackingServerSecure are the same. Only difference is that one tracking request URL starts with https://simg. and the other with http://img.

But that shouldn't interfere.