Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking Path based on Search Keywords

Level 2

I'm looking to track customer paths following a search for a particular keyword. For example, a customer searches for the term "iPhone" and receives a list of results, I want to look at which page they went to from those search results and potentially some other pages beyond that also.

What is the best way to carry this out? Full Path reports will show me where they go from the search results pages, but I can seem to monitor this based on the search of a particular keyword. On the Help Searches path reports, I only seem to get the next term the customer searched for, and not the page they went to from the search results page.

Any help or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Stephen,

I am not sure I agree with what Shekar recommended.  Here is what I would do:

1. Create a new sProp and pass the same value as you are passing in s.pagename.  Call this sProp Post Internal Search Pathing.
  2. On the search results page, pass the search phrase that visitors used when they did a search to that new sProp (in place of the pagename)
  3. Open the next page flow report or Pathfinder report and choose the search phrase you care about and then look at the paths after that keyword.  If you have Ad Hoc Analysis, you can see paths as deep as you want.

Adam G

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Stephen,

I am not sure I agree with what Shekar recommended.  Here is what I would do:

1. Create a new sProp and pass the same value as you are passing in s.pagename.  Call this sProp Post Internal Search Pathing.
  2. On the search results page, pass the search phrase that visitors used when they did a search to that new sProp (in place of the pagename)
  3. Open the next page flow report or Pathfinder report and choose the search phrase you care about and then look at the paths after that keyword.  If you have Ad Hoc Analysis, you can see paths as deep as you want.

Adam G

Level 10

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

You can run the Search Keywords report and then break down a particular keyword by Path report > Entry Pages to see what all were the entry pages from that keyword.

See:

[img]keyword.png[/img]

Thanks!