Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Tracking code not appearing in URL display query string.

Level 2

When I click through from an email, should then the query string be present in the display url in the browser for analytics to capture it? When I click through on the same link sometimes the tracking code parameters appear in the display url and sometimes I briefly see it (it flickers) before it just shows the url without the campaign query string. In the latter case I when I look at adobe experience platform debugger I do not see see the campaign variable.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Looks like there's a redirect going on. Based on your description, there could be 2 reasons:

1. Your tracking parameter has been added to a redirect link that has been created by your email marketing product. If so, then change your landing page URL in your email marketing product so that your tracking parameter is added to that landing page URL.
  2. Your website itself has a redirect between your landing page and the actual page that is shown to your users, and that redirect is removing your tracking parameter. If so, then change your landing page URL in your email so that it is using the final, actual page that is shown to your users, and append your tracking parameter to that page URL.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Looks like there's a redirect going on. Based on your description, there could be 2 reasons:

1. Your tracking parameter has been added to a redirect link that has been created by your email marketing product. If so, then change your landing page URL in your email marketing product so that your tracking parameter is added to that landing page URL.
  2. Your website itself has a redirect between your landing page and the actual page that is shown to your users, and that redirect is removing your tracking parameter. If so, then change your landing page URL in your email so that it is using the final, actual page that is shown to your users, and append your tracking parameter to that page URL.

Hope that helps.

Level 2

Thanks for this . Just to clarify, if I don't see the tracking code in the final browser url query string after the flicker/redirect does this mean adobe will not have captured it.. 

Community Advisor

Correct, Adobe Analytics will not capture it in that case.