Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

remove search terms with visits < x from freeform table

Level 1

Hello-

I have a table that shows search terms by visits and conversion. I would like to only show a table with terms that have at least 100 visits and conversion < x I tried the following formula:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/calculated-metrics/calcmetric-workflow/...

But I cannot remove the zeros from the table. The issue is I want to export a table of 400 keywords with low conversion but high visits.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you've discovered, you can't filter by metrics.

This is a common problem with Analysis Workspace. The general workaround is like this:

1. Create a Calculated Metric using the "IF" function that returns 1 or 0 depending on whether your visits/conversions is more or less than 1,000.
  2. Add that Calculated Metric to your freeform table.
  3. Sort your freeform table by that Calculated Metric.

The end result is that all of the low-value items will be at one end of the table, allowing you to focus on the other data that are high-value. Again, you won't be able to filter by this Calculated Metric.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you've discovered, you can't filter by metrics.

This is a common problem with Analysis Workspace. The general workaround is like this:

1. Create a Calculated Metric using the "IF" function that returns 1 or 0 depending on whether your visits/conversions is more or less than 1,000.
  2. Add that Calculated Metric to your freeform table.
  3. Sort your freeform table by that Calculated Metric.

The end result is that all of the low-value items will be at one end of the table, allowing you to focus on the other data that are high-value. Again, you won't be able to filter by this Calculated Metric.