Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Tracking code does not appear in Tracking code report

Level 1

Hi,

I have tracked multiple external links with cids but when I open the "Tracking code report", my tracking code tests do not appear in the report.

I made exactly the same thing with another of our website which is exactly taggued in the same way and my tracking code tests appear perfectly.

I am pretty sure this doesn't come from the tagging plan we just implemented but from a bad setting in Adobe Analytics interface.

Could you help me solve this problem, please?

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Sure you are sending data through to the right report suite?

Try opening the browser console and the network tab. copy/paste the link with the cid or whatever campaign parameter you are using and push enter. In your network tab, you can filter the results by this "b/ss". That would give you the calls being made to Adobe Analytics.

In the network request that is being made to Adobe Analytics, look in the "Headers" tab and see if you can find "V0" defined anywhere and also check that the report suite has the correct ID.

If you don't have "V0" in your network request, then that's an indication of something is wrong with your code.

Hope the steps above help you to get closer to a solution. If not, feel free to send me a pm with a link and I can have a look for you.

/Waqas

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Sure you are sending data through to the right report suite?

Try opening the browser console and the network tab. copy/paste the link with the cid or whatever campaign parameter you are using and push enter. In your network tab, you can filter the results by this "b/ss". That would give you the calls being made to Adobe Analytics.

In the network request that is being made to Adobe Analytics, look in the "Headers" tab and see if you can find "V0" defined anywhere and also check that the report suite has the correct ID.

If you don't have "V0" in your network request, then that's an indication of something is wrong with your code.

Hope the steps above help you to get closer to a solution. If not, feel free to send me a pm with a link and I can have a look for you.

/Waqas

Level 1

Thanks a lot, Waqas,

Yes apparently, we don't have "V0" in our network request... We'll try to fix that...

The thing is all basic parameters are well implemented, I can see page views, visitors, hits in the correct report suite.

The only thing I can't see is my Tracking code inside the Tracking code report...

Hope we'll find a solution asap

Best regards and thanks again.