Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Tracking Code Concatination

Level 2

How does the Tracking Code behave if a user enters (within one session) with multiple values? In other words, are they concatened somehow?

For instance, if we read it from parameter tid and got the following journey:

1. calls mydomain.com/?tid=23

2. calls mydomain.com/?tid=47

Generates that then a Tracking Code "23,47" in the report?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Clemens - Based on the above scenario, I'd see two separate line items in the Tracking Code report:

given that the values from the query string parameter is captured in s.campaign variable (Tracking Code). So, as a user visits the site calls mydomain.com/?tid=23, s.campaign=23 will be passed. Likewise, s.campaign=47 will be passed in the next server call.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Clemens - Based on the above scenario, I'd see two separate line items in the Tracking Code report:

given that the values from the query string parameter is captured in s.campaign variable (Tracking Code). So, as a user visits the site calls mydomain.com/?tid=23, s.campaign=23 will be passed. Likewise, s.campaign=47 will be passed in the next server call.

Level 2

OK, then there must be something in our implementation. Thanks a lot.

Community Advisor

In admin under conversion variables check to see the s.camapign variable has been setup for Allocation most recent and you don`t have do not reset checked on.

Might be just evar settings causing multiple items to be captured as users progress multiple visits.

GLTU

Level 2

We have most recent with 1 week validity. So that can't be the cause.