Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Tracking CampIDs across different domains (1st to 3rd party)

Level 4

Hi,

My company uses an external booking site to manage event bookings. Previously this has meant it has been impossible for us to monitor full users journey's across our site / the booking site using CampIDs. Recently we added our page tags to the funnel of the booking site (which are linked to directly from our site) - so we can see traffic information through the funnel in our report suite. However, Campaign IDs still appear to not persist from one site to the other. So we still cannot track channel activity across both sites - which was the purpose of the exercise.

Has anyone done anything similar to this before, or know how to get CampIDs to persist from a 1st party domain to a 3rd party domain?

Any information would be hugely helpful.

Thanks

Tobz

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Tobz

I faced similar issue where campid were dropped off from base domain (www.abc.com) to sub domain (www.sport.abc.com). Unfortunately, campid doesn't persit across domains. We used Mcvid which helped in tracking the user journey but not the campaign id. We have to implement a custom solution (storing the campaign ID in custom cookie under root domain (.abc.com) and repopulate it in sub domain cookie). 

Hope this helps.

Regards

Elan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Tobz

I faced similar issue where campid were dropped off from base domain (www.abc.com) to sub domain (www.sport.abc.com). Unfortunately, campid doesn't persit across domains. We used Mcvid which helped in tracking the user journey but not the campaign id. We have to implement a custom solution (storing the campaign ID in custom cookie under root domain (.abc.com) and repopulate it in sub domain cookie). 

Hope this helps.

Regards

Elan

Employee

I would recommend the Visitor ID service to address cross-domain tracking (especially from a 1st party to 3rd party scenario):

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcvid/mcvid_cname.html

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcvid/mcvid_implement.html

Best,

Brian