Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Track Logged In Status using Adobe Launch

Level 2

Hi,

I want to know the Steps in Adobe Launch to track the logged in or Logged out status of User

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Adding to Atul's comment, you can use Data Element to retrieve the value of the logged in status and store it any Analytics variable during a Page Load rule.

Let me know if that helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi @cpahwa11 ,

I would first check the current state of the user using a JavaScript function to get value of username field. If it's guest (default value), I'll set value in datalayer as "not logged in", anything other than guest, that means, users is logged in, hence setting "logged in" as value in data layer (depending upon how username is set).

May be you can create a JS function that retrieves value of username everytime page loads and call that function your pageload call.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Adding to Atul's comment, you can use Data Element to retrieve the value of the logged in status and store it any Analytics variable during a Page Load rule.

Let me know if that helps!

Level 2

Hi Atul,

I am new to the Adobe Analytics, I need step by step of it, like what code to be added for data layer and the what data element and rules to be added.

Would be great if you can provide that.

Thanks