Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Track google display ads

Level 2

I need someone, anyone, to help walk me through some step by step simple processes I need to take to set up tracking for google display ads.

Goal:

Some clicks google display ad > lands on specific page on site > takes action. Which ad (tracking code) caused the action?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

give all your google display ads the same query string parameter, then give each display ad their own unique query string value. For example:

example.com?gid=display1

example.com?gid=display2

example.com?gid=display3

In Adobe Analytics, set up Paid Search Detection and set it to the query string parameter you have defined for paid search.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Hello,

Actually,you can set cid on url.

ex. "your website url"?cid=google_20180313....

then you can use tracking code report on omniture.

Community Advisor

Dear Francis,

Campaign Tracking is what you need to do. Go through the link Campaign Tracking [Inside Omniture SiteCatalyst] | Adobe Blog to set up on your own.

Thank You

Arun

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

give all your google display ads the same query string parameter, then give each display ad their own unique query string value. For example:

example.com?gid=display1

example.com?gid=display2

example.com?gid=display3

In Adobe Analytics, set up Paid Search Detection and set it to the query string parameter you have defined for paid search.