Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Time bound in fallout

Level 2

Hi All,

I wanted to ask a question related to e-commerce.

I created a fallout panel visualizing steps from All Visitors to Product View to Cart Addition to Orders.

I want to analyze % drop in above process in each step, if I strictly enforce the conversion funnel to

a) 1 day - i.e. A visitor coming to 1st step; should complete the last step of orders within 1 day

b) 1 week - i.e. A visitor coming to 1st step; should complete the last step of orders within 1 week

c) 1 month - i.e. i.e. A visitor coming to 1st step; should complete the last step of orders within 1 month

and so on and so forth.

How can I do this on Adobe Analytics

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you mean you want to show the funnel where the last step happens within a day/week/month of the first step?

If so, I don't think you can do that with the funnel visualisation.

The most that you can do is to add the Day/Week/Month component into the funnel, causing the funnel to show all data for the added component. But this means that, let's say you added the Month component, then the first and last steps could occur anywhere between 1 day and 30 days. And likewise with the Week component.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you mean you want to show the funnel where the last step happens within a day/week/month of the first step?

If so, I don't think you can do that with the funnel visualisation.

The most that you can do is to add the Day/Week/Month component into the funnel, causing the funnel to show all data for the added component. But this means that, let's say you added the Month component, then the first and last steps could occur anywhere between 1 day and 30 days. And likewise with the Week component.

Level 2

Hey,

Yes I want to complete the funnel within one day/week/month. (Edited the question more clearly)

If this is not present in funnel, how can I do in Adobe workspace

Community Advisor

Instead of using a funnel, you can use sequential segments.

E.g. for the Day requirement, you can have a sequential segment like so:

Visitor-level container

Visits exists

THEN Within 1 Day(s)

Orders exists

Repeat the above process to create the 2 other sequential segments to match your Week and Month requirements.

Then in a freeform table, add all 3 segments as your rows, and "Unique Visitors" metric as the only metric. You should now be able to report on the number of unique visitors who complete the flow within the Day/Week/Month for your reporting date range.

Level 2

Thank you,
I will try this and let everyone know