Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

'Then Within 1 Page View' Clarification

Level 3

I'm building a segment for customers who land on the site and then navigate to the next page via search box. The segment is as below; 

Entry Page Exists

Then within 1 page view

Search exists

I just wanted to clarify what 'Within 1 page view' means. In this example the search event fires in the same hit as the second page view of the visit, so would this count as happening within 1 page view? I'm assuming so as its returning a good volume of data.

So does 'Within 1 page view' include anything that is captured before or in the same hit as the second page view?

Thanks,

Katie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

page view (s.t() call

then you can do lots of custom links, download links etc

s.tl() - clicked on a pop-up ad

s.tl() - download a white paper

s.tl()

click on a link to another page

s.t() call on that page with new page name etc

this is the end of the 'within 1 page view' sequential segment setting

So you can load the first page (home page etc)

customer types into the 'search box' on that page

[if you go to adobe.com and all that pop-up stuff to refine your search is all with custom links so you are still within 1 page view until you look at

the search results.

Things like 'clicktale' etc that do custom links won't count towards the within 1 page view counter because they are custom links not full page loads

results page is shown

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Katie, 

The 'Within 1 page view' would include anything that happens till the next page after the entry page. This documentation link would explain you the use of the operator in detail with illustrations : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/segment/seg_example_time_between.html

Let me know if this clears your doubt. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 3

Hi Tanmay,

The documentation doesn't really help as it is based on time dimensions such as 'within 5 minutes' or 'within 4 weeks', whereas my question isn't.

When you say 'The 'Within 1 page view' would include anything that happens till the next page after the entry page', does that mean anything that happens until the page name is set on the next page after the entry page is included?

If so would it also include anything that occurs in the same hit as the Page name?

Thanks,

Katie

Correct answer by
Level 6

page view (s.t() call

then you can do lots of custom links, download links etc

s.tl() - clicked on a pop-up ad

s.tl() - download a white paper

s.tl()

click on a link to another page

s.t() call on that page with new page name etc

this is the end of the 'within 1 page view' sequential segment setting

So you can load the first page (home page etc)

customer types into the 'search box' on that page

[if you go to adobe.com and all that pop-up stuff to refine your search is all with custom links so you are still within 1 page view until you look at

the search results.

Things like 'clicktale' etc that do custom links won't count towards the within 1 page view counter because they are custom links not full page loads

results page is shown