Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Text in text boxes, panel titles, and visual titles

Level 2

Is there a way to find and replace text in a project? I have reports that were for 2023 that I now have to change to 2024. I'd like to use find 2023 and replace it with 2024 instead of scrolling to manually change one at a time. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, I wasn't sure how many reports you were talking about...

However, there is no "find and replace" (within a project) or "find in projects" (find all projects with text "x") in Adobe... 

This could be something you can post as an Idea (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/idb-p/adobe-analytics-ideas) but there is no solution to what you ask besides manual updates.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I've never heard of such a feature... that would be cool to have... as such, I tend to make my text and titles more generic so that they aren't "hard-coded" to a specific year... I use terminology like "this year", "last year", "previous year" (this one if I am looking at last year compared to the year previous to it), "last x months", "last x weeks", "last x days", etc.

Basically, because I know the reports are going to roll over time, I try to avoid locking the text elements of the report that will make them stale dated very quickly.

I know this doesn't help you find the reports where this is already in place, but it might help inspire you to think of alternate text inclusions.

The other option, if you need to have specific years and date text in your reports, tag the entire report with a tag like "hard-coded text requires updates" (and if you have stuff that requires yearly updates and monthly updates, you could add secondary tags of "monthly update required" and "yearly update required")

So that next time you have to update your reports, you can filter for the tags above to find the ones that need updating.

This of course relies on ensuring that all such reports are properly tagged, and that can take a while to get onto, but without a find and replace in reports feature, there's not a lot of options.. at least try to prevent some of the headaches next year.

Level 2

Hello,

I can find the reports so don't need tags. I have to name each table, chart, summary box, or title using the years as labels.  This was an end-user requirement.  I tried the generic titles of Last Year or Last Month, but they did not like that. Maybe I can change their minds this year. In Excel I can just do Find/Replace All. Sadly, can't do it with Wksp.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, I wasn't sure how many reports you were talking about...

However, there is no "find and replace" (within a project) or "find in projects" (find all projects with text "x") in Adobe... 

This could be something you can post as an Idea (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/idb-p/adobe-analytics-ideas) but there is no solution to what you ask besides manual updates.

Community Advisor

You could try using your browser's built-in Find function to find text in your dashboard. I believe that should work (after your dashboard has finished loading in the browser, of course).

Level 2

Yea, the find works using the browser but there is no replace option.