Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tealium's Utag loading but events are not coming in Eventstream of Tealium

Level 1

In my Single Page Application, I have an iframe containing the Launch script and Datalayer. I am loading utag.js through the Adobe Analytics extension using Adobe Launch. I initially attempted to load utag.js using the page Load event in Adobe Launch, which worked fine in the UAT environment but failed in the Production environment. Currently, in the Production environment, I can see that utag.js and i.gif are loading on the pages with a 200 status in the network tab. However, the Tealium events are not being recorded in Tealium's eventstream.We are not using tealium's Datalayer instead of it we are using our Developer's developed datalayer.

I need help to resolve this issue. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't use Tealium, but my initial thoughts are that maybe the JS file is being added to the site after the Trigger that Tealium uses for it's function??

Though, that would only affect the initial load, since all additional pages the script would be there and should work....

Can you help explain what issue you encountered with the initial Page Load trigger (the one that worked in UAT but failed in Prod... that sounds odd... there shouldn't be significant differences between those two environments, as UAT is supposed to be a Prod-like environment to test that code is ready for prod)?

Have you tried added the Tealium script with "Library Loaded"? That should add the file right after the Launch JS is loaded, so that the script should be there to catch page level events when they occur.

Once the files are on the pages, as you navigate around your sites, are your Tealium events still failing? What is Tealium using to trigger its events?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't use Tealium, but my initial thoughts are that maybe the JS file is being added to the site after the Trigger that Tealium uses for it's function??

Though, that would only affect the initial load, since all additional pages the script would be there and should work....

Can you help explain what issue you encountered with the initial Page Load trigger (the one that worked in UAT but failed in Prod... that sounds odd... there shouldn't be significant differences between those two environments, as UAT is supposed to be a Prod-like environment to test that code is ready for prod)?

Have you tried added the Tealium script with "Library Loaded"? That should add the file right after the Launch JS is loaded, so that the script should be there to catch page level events when they occur.

Once the files are on the pages, as you navigate around your sites, are your Tealium events still failing? What is Tealium using to trigger its events?

Level 1

I tried utag.js to load with four different page load events: Page Top, Window loaded, Dom Ready, and Page Bottom, in Adobe Launch Rule. Unfortunately, it didn't work, and utag.js failed to load in Production.

To fix this, I deployed the utag.js script inside an AA Extension in Adobe Launch in Production. I used the onload function to ensure the utag.js script loads correctly when the iframe with the specified ID is loaded. This step allowed utag.js to start loading.

However, even though the script started loading, the events associated with utag.js were not showing up in the eventstream. The Tealium team suggested trying to trigger the utag.view(digitalData) function explicitly inside the onload function, but this didn't help either.

One important thing to note is that when I checked the console, I could see the _satellite and digitalData objects in the iframe area, but the utag object was throwing an error in the same iframe area. However, the utag object was visible in the user area section of the console where these objects  _satellite and digitalData

were throwing error.

Community Advisor

I assume your Adobe Launch file is in the head of your document? The "Library Loaded (Page Top)" rule in Adobe Launch is the closest you will get to loading the Tealium script right after the Launch file is loaded in the head... That should be the best option.

What error message did you get?