Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Tableau Connection Options

Level 2

Hello,

I'm working with a client who wants to integrate their Adobe Analytics data into Tableau.  I have looked into Daexus but I do not have the admin credentials needed to connect and test it at this time.  So before I go asking for higher permissions, I would like to consider all possible options.  Let's assume that the customer DOES NOT have an accessible DB (like redshift, bigquery, etc) to connect and push data to.  

What options are out there?

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't use Tableau, but I believe you can export data with the Data Warehouse to visualize in Tableau... but depending on what data you need, the flatten data from the export may have issues with things such as UVs, where the rows of data won't get the benefit of de-duplication.

I don't know if Tableau can make API calls, if if can, you might be able to use the Adobe Analytics API?

Employee

Hey @Satchamo As mentioned by Jennifer, DW export is one possible option, Data Warehouse can deliver reports in Tableau Data Extract (TDE) file format, which can be used to visualize data and layer in additional data within Tableau. (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/data-warehouse/t-tableau.html?lang=en)

Other than that, there are several third-party integrations, but are paid. I believe you might have checked Daexus Catalyst, which required Adobe Developer credentials, which seems to be the least complicated one.