Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Summary change

Level 3

I saw a report where the visualisation ,

The summary change of visits and bounce rate for this year - last 90 days to last year- last 90 days , Gives  around 5863.6% because of large change in numbers. Is it fine to have such reports?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that change really only applies to "visits"? Bounce Rate shouldn't have that big a change since it's already notated as a percentage (60% bounce rate, 89% Bounce Rate, etc.. even if you went from 0% to 100% the largest summary change should be 100%).

As for almost 6K percent change, I'm assuming you had a massive shift in traffic? New Sites added? New Adobe Implementation? Just really a massive boost to your traffic due to Marketing, SEO and Affiliations?

The big question is, can you explain the numbers? If you had big changes this year, next year the changes should start to look more reasonable....

Without knowing what happened to your traffic, or you business model, the answer could go both ways... i.e. yes show it, but have notes on WHY it shows what it shows.... or no, don't show it, there could be something wrong and this is an unrealistic view of the data (i.e. it was a new site in Dec 2022, so you had less than a month of data that year, and you are comparing it to 3 full months worth of data in 2023)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that change really only applies to "visits"? Bounce Rate shouldn't have that big a change since it's already notated as a percentage (60% bounce rate, 89% Bounce Rate, etc.. even if you went from 0% to 100% the largest summary change should be 100%).

As for almost 6K percent change, I'm assuming you had a massive shift in traffic? New Sites added? New Adobe Implementation? Just really a massive boost to your traffic due to Marketing, SEO and Affiliations?

The big question is, can you explain the numbers? If you had big changes this year, next year the changes should start to look more reasonable....

Without knowing what happened to your traffic, or you business model, the answer could go both ways... i.e. yes show it, but have notes on WHY it shows what it shows.... or no, don't show it, there could be something wrong and this is an unrealistic view of the data (i.e. it was a new site in Dec 2022, so you had less than a month of data that year, and you are comparing it to 3 full months worth of data in 2023)