Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sum of Breakdown Rows in Adobe

Level 1

Hi, I'm looking for a way to add the breakdown rows in a freeform table.

For Context: I have created a segment which gives me the total visits on the landing of a screen and on the same screen another variable is configured which captures the keyword. I want the unique combination of the visit and the keyword.

Example: If there are total 3 visits (V1, V2 and V3) and K1, K2 and K3 are 3 different keyword captured in the other variable (v9)

V1 - K1 & K2

V2 - K1

V3 - K3 & K1 & K1

Count of Visits in which a Keyword was captured:

K1 - 3

K2 - 1

K3 - 1

Total - 5 (I'm trying to get this total from the segment)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ashar5151  - not sure if Jennifer's answer below helped. 

Within Workspace, you can also select a subset of the breakout values.  This removes the de-duplication of visits. 

In this demo data example, the left table is standard, visits by page. On the right, I duplicated the original table and selected just the top 5.  I right clicked and selected Display Only Selected Rows.  This removes the deduplication and the total value shown is the sum of the top 5 rows. 

Josh_KC_0-1703190029322.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I am just going to re-iterate your scenarios to make sure I understand them, I am a little confused as to what the "keywords" are? Are they your internal search keywords? Or does every page have a keyword/tag associated to it?

Visit 1

• Page A
  • Page B - Keyword "K1"
  • Page C - Keyword "K2"

Visit 2

• Page B - Keyword "K1"
  • Page E

Visit 3

• Page D - Keyword "K3"
  • Page E
  • Page B - Keyword "K1"
  • Page B - Keyword "K1"

Or are all the keywords on the "Landing Screen", where you can have multiple keywords on the page, and multiple of the same keyword on the page?

If the Keywords are like above, the values, "K1", "K2" and "K3" are captured into an eVar, then you shouldn't need segments at all...

Just use your eVar as the breakdown and Visits as the metric.

Page Views Visits
Keywords 6 3
K1 4 3
K2 1 1
K3 1 1

^ assuming your eVar is set to "Hit" expiry

If your eVar is set to Visit (last touch) expiry then you will get:

Page Views Instance of eVarX Visits
Keywords 8 6 3
K1 5 4 3
K2 1 1 1
K3 2 1 1

(because Page E in the examples above aren't setting a value, therefore the Visit expiry of the eVar will maintain itself onto those pages)

However, in both cases, pairing Visits with your eVar will yield the same result, any Visit with K1 (no matter how many times K1 is set) will still return "1 Visit".

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ashar5151  - not sure if Jennifer's answer below helped. 

Within Workspace, you can also select a subset of the breakout values.  This removes the de-duplication of visits. 

In this demo data example, the left table is standard, visits by page. On the right, I duplicated the original table and selected just the top 5.  I right clicked and selected Display Only Selected Rows.  This removes the deduplication and the total value shown is the sum of the top 5 rows. 

Josh_KC_0-1703190029322.png