Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Standard purchase event setup in launch for adobe analytics

Level 3

I want to configure the standard purchase event (As in adobe analytics) in Adobe launch to capture revenue, orders and units related to my transaction's. I tried setting the event on thank you page load while passing the Transaction ID and setting the event as purchase but I cannot see any data being reflected in my Adobe analytics reports. Can anybody help me on how to set this purchase rule in Adobe launch and if I need to set any evar/ prop or any other setup that needs to be done for the standard purchase event to start capturing all the data.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may want to to set at least "purchase" event, purchaseID, products. The transactionID variable is used for other purposes.

s.events = "purchase"

s.purchaseID = "order_id"

s.products = ";SKU;units;total_price"

(s.products is to be set in the Custom Code)

Make sure to also set the currencyCode the sales amount is tracked in

s.currencyCode = "USD"

P.S.: If you set all these variables and still can't see the data in the reports, I would advise to attach a request to the tracking server sent from the Thank You page so that the community could help you figure out what requires amendments.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may want to to set at least "purchase" event, purchaseID, products. The transactionID variable is used for other purposes.

s.events = "purchase"

s.purchaseID = "order_id"

s.products = ";SKU;units;total_price"

(s.products is to be set in the Custom Code)

Make sure to also set the currencyCode the sales amount is tracked in

s.currencyCode = "USD"

P.S.: If you set all these variables and still can't see the data in the reports, I would advise to attach a request to the tracking server sent from the Thank You page so that the community could help you figure out what requires amendments.

Level 3

I can assign an event as purchase on the rule I have created for the final thank you page of the transaction. But as of both the purchaseID and products evars you mentioned above,should I set it both in the custom code itself? because there is no standard evar as purchaseId also.

Please guide me through this.

Level 10

Yes, both variables should be set in the Custom Code area.

Level 4

Hi Andrey,

Hi Eric,

I'm using Adobe Launch as my implementation method.

If I have a single product purchase, do I need to hardcode this on the /thank-you page?

1. s.events="purchase"
  2. s.products="Footwear;Running Shoes;1;69.95"
  3. s.purchaseID="1234567890"

OR

Do I need to have a digitalData.transaction object in my dataLayer and use data elements to pick up values for category, product, quantity, price and purchaseID.

What about tax, discounts and transactionTotal? Where would I have these values?

Also, if I create a rule to push revenue info to AA, would I need to create a Rule > Adobe Analytics > Set Variables and then jump to custom code section to have something like this?

s.events ="purchase"

s.products="%category%;%product%;%quantity%;%productRevenue%"

s.purchaseID=%purchaseID"

Where would transaction Total go?

Thanks.

Level 1

Hi All ,

I have recently migrated to Launch from DTM and on order confirmation page all the data is getting captured , like Purchase id , s.products etc.

But i am not able to see the same is reports , can someone please help here.

PFB the response on Analytics server that we get .

1771473_pastedImage_0.png