Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

special segment for "AdClicker Click" metric -

Level 4

hey guys,

i have an important question: in adobe analytics we have we implemented a metric that counts people who clicked on an ad. This metric is called "AdClick Click". What i want to analyze now is, which people clicked on an ad, which leads to a specific page, in this case a content hub. Therefor we have a dimension, which is called "iq nummer".

is this segment (see screenshot) the correct procedure?1730963_pastedImage_0.png

My case: i just want to see the people, who clicked on an add and then landed in the Content hub.

if not, how can I narrow the circle so that only those who have clicked on an advertisement and then landed on the content hub are shown to me. another idea from me was an "and-condition". So for example: "iq nummer" equals xxx AND "AdClick Click" exists". But in this case i would see all people who are a part of the Content hub and clicked on any ad, Right?

Help would be very great! Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Using a "then" operator when building a segment is a step in the right direction if you're trying to determine the impact of an ad click. You can further constrain the operator by clicking on the clock icon, as this provides additional options for when you want the subsequent s.event or dimension value to occur. More information on building sequential segments can be found at Building Sequential Segments, and more information on segments in general can be found at About Segments and Containers.

Before adding constraints, however, it is important to check when the Ad Click s.event is firing. There's a good chance that the s.event will appear in the same call as the Content Hub page load. You can check this using the Adobe debugger.

In the example outlined below, I assume that the Ad Click s.event is set when the Content Hub page loads, and that "Content Hub" is set in the s.channel variable. The segment is designed to show a hit in which there was an Ad Click and the page was in the Content Hub section.

Here's how I would build the segment:

• Use a visit container (you could technically also use a hit container)
  • Within the visit container nest a hit container
  • Add the Ad Click s.event to the hit container. Change the value from "equals" to "exists"
  • Add the appropriate dimension (i.e. whatever name you are using for s.channel) to the same hit container, and set the value equal to "Content Hub".
  • Use an "and" constraint within the hit container.

You can apply this segment to the visit metric.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

A couple of questions for you:

1. What is the IQ Nummer s.prop being used for? Is this an ad ID, or is this related to the Content Hub? Is there a variable dedicated to the Content Hub (e.g. you are using s.channel or a custom variable)
  2. Are you looking for visitors who clicked on an ad and then went directly to the Content Hub, or for visitors that clicked on an ad and then eventually reached the Content Hub? The screenshot you provided indicates that you are using a visitor container, which is a pretty broad container to use.

Level 4

Thanks for your Feedback!

1. it was just an example, sorry. i have to ask, which information are exactly included. But just for that case let us suggest that we would have Information related to the content hub

2. i just want to have visitors that directly went to the content hub After clicking on an add. My idea was that the metric „adclick click“ Counts just clicks on an add and to relate them to the hub, i thought i just have to make a „then—Clause“. That was my idea with the „then-clause“ for this case, first to get the number of ad clickers but with the “then-clause“ just these clickers, who are part of the content hub. Because “adclick click“ is just a metric and otherwise i don‘t get how to relate the adclick to the hub Information, that is what i think, but i do not know

Correct answer by
Level 5

Using a "then" operator when building a segment is a step in the right direction if you're trying to determine the impact of an ad click. You can further constrain the operator by clicking on the clock icon, as this provides additional options for when you want the subsequent s.event or dimension value to occur. More information on building sequential segments can be found at Building Sequential Segments, and more information on segments in general can be found at About Segments and Containers.

Before adding constraints, however, it is important to check when the Ad Click s.event is firing. There's a good chance that the s.event will appear in the same call as the Content Hub page load. You can check this using the Adobe debugger.

In the example outlined below, I assume that the Ad Click s.event is set when the Content Hub page loads, and that "Content Hub" is set in the s.channel variable. The segment is designed to show a hit in which there was an Ad Click and the page was in the Content Hub section.

Here's how I would build the segment:

• Use a visit container (you could technically also use a hit container)
  • Within the visit container nest a hit container
  • Add the Ad Click s.event to the hit container. Change the value from "equals" to "exists"
  • Add the appropriate dimension (i.e. whatever name you are using for s.channel) to the same hit container, and set the value equal to "Content Hub".
  • Use an "and" constraint within the hit container.

You can apply this segment to the visit metric.

Level 4

thanks for your great answer!

the only thing i do not get is why using an “and“ operator instead of “then„. Does the „and“ operator mean that there is an adclick AND this adclick has to be part of the hub? Because i thought the meaning of the „and“ Operator in this case means that there is ANY adclick AND the Dimension hub xy. So what i do not get is the relation between the ad click and the hub with the „and“ Operator. This is the reason why i thought it should be a „then“ Operator.

because in my opionion the adclick metric is just a simple counter so where is the relation to the hub by using „and“?

or do you think your written case just works if the adclick is firing when content hub page loads? But therefore once again, why “and“ and not „then“?

thank you so much!

Level 5

"Then" is used to denote something that occurs in a subsequent hit. Think "A happens in one call and then B happens in a later call". The "and" operator is saying "A and B both happen in the same call".

Using "then" would only count visits that saw more than one Content Hub page after clicking on an ad. I've included two scenarios below:

Scenario 1

1. Visitor clicks on ad and reaches Content Hub page
    1. Ad Click and Content Hub set in same call
  2. Visitor clicks a link on the Content Hub page and reaches another Content Hub page.
    1. Content Hub set in call

The visitor would meet the rules of your "then" segment, and applying the segment to the visits metric would give you a value of 1.

Scenario 2

1. Visitor clicks on ad and reaches Content Hub page
    1. Ad Click and Content Hub set in same call
  2. Visitor exits site
    1. No further calls because another page was not viewed (disregard exit link tracking)

The visitor would not meet the rules of your "then" segment, and applying the segment to the visits metric would give you a value of 0. This happens because the visit doesn't include a Content Hub page in a call after the Ad Click was recorded because there was no call.

Note that you can't use "then" in a hit container.