Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Site Catalyst s_vi cookie

Level 1

When I open an incognito window with no cookies, I noticed two page view beacons are being sent for our pages.  We only send one beacon.  When the s_vi cookie is set, only one beacon is sent.  Each subsequent visit the s_vi cookie's expiration date is extended.  It is set for approximately two years.  Why is Site Catalyst doing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Yes, it is a 302.  That explains things. Thanks for looking into this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi,

Please give me the address of your website in Direct Message we would look at it at our end and see why it is happening. 

Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 9

Steve Sherwood wrote...

When I open an incognito window with no cookies, I noticed two page view beacons are being sent for our pages.  We only send one beacon.  When the s_vi cookie is set, only one beacon is sent.  Each subsequent visit the s_vi cookie's expiration date is extended.  It is set for approximately two years.  Why is Site Catalyst doing this?

Hi Steve,

When you see two image requests, is the first a 302 cached request? This image request is used to set the cookie and is only seen on the first start of a session. In my testing the date did not change when the cookie was set. It remained the same. Which browser are you testing in? 

-Tacia

Correct answer by
Level 1

Yes, it is a 302.  That explains things. Thanks for looking into this.