Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Show secondary dimension values in a single colum like in Data Warehouse export

Level 1

Hi, When I add add a secondary dimension (Site section) to a page report in data warehouse the table just ads 1 'site section' column and the values in it vary accordingly. I am trying to replicate this in a Workspace free table. The problem is when add a secondary dimension in Workspace or Ad hoc reports several boolean columns are added for each possible value of the dimension, that is not easy an easy way to see pages and site sections together. Breakdown reports cannot be appreciated at a glance either because several rows are added. This is an easy thing to add to Google Analytics reports but I am struggling to find a decent solution in Adobe.

Any help or guidance on how you normally approach multidimensional reports is much appreciated.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Gotcha. I just talked with our Analysis Workspace product manager, and it is a feature that is currently on our backlog. It won't be available short-term, but it is a feature that has been discussed being implemented in the future. If you would like to create an idea here in the forums (click submit an idea), the community can discuss the potential feature, its priority, and upvote it. Thanks!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

Just to clarify, are you referring to this in Data Warehouse:

Page 1     Site Section 1

Page 1     Site Section 2

Page 2     Site Section 1

Page 2     Site Section 2

And this in Analysis Workspace:

Page 1

Site Section 1

Site Section 2

Page 2

Site Section 1

Site Section 2

And you want the breakdown display from Data Warehouse in Analysis Workspace? Am I reading that correctly?

Level 1

Hi Gizelle, correct! that is what i am looking for a nice column layout in the Adobe interface as opposed to an excel download

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Gotcha. I just talked with our Analysis Workspace product manager, and it is a feature that is currently on our backlog. It won't be available short-term, but it is a feature that has been discussed being implemented in the future. If you would like to create an idea here in the forums (click submit an idea), the community can discuss the potential feature, its priority, and upvote it. Thanks!

Level 1

Hello Gigazelle, any updates on this feature?

Employee Advisor

Yes, all official conversation around this topic is happening here: Multiple Dimensions columns in Adobe Workspace

Be sure to upvote the idea, and reach out to Jen if you'd like to provide feedback on the mockups Adobe is working on.

Employee Advisor

The thread linked here (Multiple Dimensions columns in Adobe Workspace ) has an update from 2 months ago stating that this is still on the Analytics backlog. It has not been developed yet.

Employee Advisor

The thread linked here (Multiple Dimensions columns in Adobe Workspace ) has an update from 3 months ago stating that this is still on the Analytics backlog. It has not been developed yet.

Level 1

Any progress on this requirement? We want to have a cleaner reports and have single table view for multiple dimensions. Example:

City   Gender  AgeGroup