Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Setting up components for virtual reporting suite

Level 2

I'm setting up a virtual reporting suite for an external vendor however, when I try to create the required dashboard for their use case, I'm presented with the error message that select components (marketing channel, marketing channel details and return frequency are not components I'm able to grant permission to/share with this VRS. What am I missing or where should I troubleshoot next? Thank you in advance! 

Virtual reporting suite workspaceVirtual reporting suite workspacecreating virtual reporting suitecreating virtual reporting suiteAdmin view for VRS product profileAdmin view for VRS product profile

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you want to give the VRS access to all components, uncheck the Allow Curation option.  The VRS should have all components of the parent report suite, including any new components.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't have admin rights to go through your scenario, But this documentation might help you with your scenario

Marketing channel permissions:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/components/marketing-channels/c-channel-report-...

Manage Marketing Channels:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/manage-report-suites/edit-rep...

Community Advisor

hi @jlatin 

In your VRS curation screen, be sure you have the dimensions in the included components.  I see the Marketing Channel Instances metric, but it doesn't look like the Marketing Channel dimension is included.

Also, I see the segments available as components.  If you want to limit what information can be viewed in the VRS, be sure that the appropriate segment(s) are set on the VRS itself.  Otherwise, there'd be an unfiltered view of all data unless one of the allowed segments is added.

Level 2

In your VRS curation screen, be sure you have the dimensions in the included components.  I see the Marketing Channel Instances metric, but it doesn't look like the Marketing Channel dimension is included.

This is the strange part that I can't figure out, these three dimensions aren't in my list of dimensions I can add to the VRS. I'm presented only with marketing channel instances metric but no marketing channel, marketing channel details or return frequency dimensions are visible options to add to the VRS. I've added all available components to the VRS but it's as if these three don't exist. I believe those are OOTB dimensions so I can't figure out why they're not appearing.  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you want to give the VRS access to all components, uncheck the Allow Curation option.  The VRS should have all components of the parent report suite, including any new components.

Community Advisor

Also check the permissions you've given to the VRS.  Be sure those permissions include what you want it to have access to.