Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Set up the internal domains - Adobe Analytics

Level 1

Hello,
I need to set up the internal domains and the tool don't give me the options for omit for example i need to skip dog.com but i need to conserve midog.com
I try to only omit dog.com but also omitted midog.com
How i resolve this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Metriplica,

You need to add "dog.com" to the the Configuration Variable "s.linkInternalFilters" and "midog.com" to the "s.linkExternalFilters" (else Vice Versa). This will resolve your problem!

Check Out the Link : https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/implementation/javascript-implementation/variables-...

Have tried it internally before reverting you and it is working absolutely fine.

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Metriplica,

You need to add "dog.com" to the the Configuration Variable "s.linkInternalFilters" and "midog.com" to the "s.linkExternalFilters" (else Vice Versa). This will resolve your problem!

Check Out the Link : https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/implementation/javascript-implementation/variables-...

Have tried it internally before reverting you and it is working absolutely fine.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 5
Rather than using "dog.com", make sure to use ".dog.com". The former would, for example, consider the domain "hotdog.com" as internal as well, which is probably not what the user wants.

Level 5

I assume you are referring to within the Admin interface ,rather than within your app measurement code, is that correct?

If so you may want to open a client care support ticket for guidance.  I can't remember how off the top of my head but there is a mechanism to acheive.  Might be something like using .dog.com.